Sunday 6 October 2013

L O weekend

..started with a bang! Private View night was like a damburst, with an explosion of well-wishing, curious a complimentary friends flooding the hitherto sepulchral confines of the studio!
It was great to be able to show colleagues the fruits of my labours of the past month-and-a-half and to hear their expressions of surprise ("It's much smaller than it looked on the website!" "Wait 'til I tell my mum, she's mad about watermelon." "We knew you were clever but we didn't know you were an artist!").
And it was a treat to welcome friends I have been out if touch with for a while.
The refreshments lubricated the loco without sending it off the rails. Personally I didn't get the chance to drink too much, so happily engaged as I was in catching up, explaining the work, reminiscing and batting ideas around.
The evening flew by and as the last of my guests left I was happy to be making tracks for home, unlike my studio buddies who stayed on to burn the midnight oil.
There was busy weekend ahead.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're getting such satisfaction from it all, Robin. You have so much talent and it's great that others were able to see this for themselves :o)

    ReplyDelete